Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Turkey Day!

You never know what to expect with a Jones Thanksgiving, or really any day of the year. Here is the text message that I received along with everyone else in my family about our Thanksgiving.She did not stop there. She then proceeded to call me and as soon as I picked up the phone she began laughing. She knew what my response was, one big large eye roll over the phone. The saddest part about this text message is that when I showed my friends they said Elizabeth, this is something that you would do. OH NO! I am turning into my MOM.

Thanksgiving started early for me and my cousin Katie. Bright and early at the Turkey Trot that is held every year in Dallas! This is my battle wound from the race. I tripped and ate it. The parakeet hands (that is what my friends call them because they are so small) were injured. I was running and the ground was uneven. With 44,000 people I was doing a lot of dodging and weaving, so I guess it was bound to happen to someone. I was actually upset with my cousin because she told me that a cute boy behind me was going down to help me back up. Why didn't she push me back down when I was already down!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. It is full of family, friends, and food. A few of my favorite things. There is no stress of presents and holiday parties, which don't get me wrong are always fun. But Thanksgiving is just a relaxing fun and marks the beginning of the best time of the year!

Sometimes I feel we do not give thanks enough for everything we do have, no matter how big or how small it is. Right now as I am in the midst of trying to figure out what I am going to do with my life and how I am going to do that, putting it broadly, I really do not give thanks enough. Really I should be so thankful, even though sometimes I like to throw myself a pity party.


So this year when I came home I am thankful that I have this bundle of joy to cuddle with when I go home.
I am so thankful that I have this group to come home to and know that things will never change between us. But I am also thankful that I have a new group at college.

I hope everyone had a great and thankful Thanksgiving!


And so on,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment