Monday, September 3, 2012

Bob and Bust

This past week started out like any normal week; my mom cut my hair.  Let's just call it Gail's Beauty Bar.

My hair was fairly long or long for hair that is fried, highlighted and feels like Barbie hair (as my loving mother always calls it).  In other words it needed a little trim job.  So before we left for Vegas I decided to let my mom just snip my ends..I couldn't be hitting the tables with split ends y'all!

And the result was a BOB. (Please excuse my face, I just exfoliated.  Adult acne, but that is a whole other story.)  I should have known that that BOB was just a precursor to the bad luck we would have in Vegas.

You see my mom and I were on a Vegas high.  We were just in Vegas in July and our luck was well, I won $1,000 on a slot machine.  So since my aunt just had a rather milestone birthday we decided Vegas was the perfect spot to celebrate.  We wanted to share with her our favorite french bakery but more importantly are favorite slot machine.

So we ate, played blackjack, ate some more, lost some more and ended up coming home busted.  So much for our lucky slot machine.

The last night we were there my mom stayed up until 4:30 in the morning playing blackjack.  Oh, Gail. We may not have come away with too many winnings but atleast my mom came away with some new house shoes.  She took the slippers that they gave us in our hotel room.

But I do have some must eats for you future Vegasites.
1.  Mon Ami Gabi at Paris.  I am talking about your favorite day of the year happiness in your MOUTH.  They have a croque madame that would make you want to be a citizen from France.
2.  Jean Philippe at the Aria.  Two words; chocolate croissant.  One more word; cheap.  
3.  Lemongrass at the Aria.  Thai food that will make your mouth water.  Get the pot stickers as an appetizer; it's an order.


And so on,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment