Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer of Reflection

If someone took a picture of me right now they would see this: a girl sitting on the couch in the game room with wet hair, a brown towel wrapped around her body and her legs propped up on the ottoman. There would be wooden tv tray that she found among her brother's college junk as a little stand that holds her cold cup of coffee and a book. The TV is currently muted on Fox business network.

How could you not complain? A college grad living the life in her upstairs "bachelorette pad" as she takes the summer off. I must say I have adjusted rather well to my new roommate, my mother, and I think she is getting worried that I might becoming too comfortable with my new living arrangements.

So yes, I am a college grad living at home with my mother. So what? I chose to do this I tell ya! I always feel obligated to tell people that so they do not think I am entirely a bum when I say I am taking the summer off - a phrase that will haunt me until the day I die when I told my mom my post-graduation plans.

Anyway I have pronounced this summer, a time of reflection. I have reflected so far that:

1. I like to sleep.
2. I love the shows on USA. My DVR is clogged full of them. Neal Caffrey in White Collar and Harvey Spector in Suits. Oh how my heart is melting!
3. I really like Johnny Cash.
4. I want to be Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel.

So cheers to all the reflecting and to living with Gail (my mom)!

And so on, Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment