Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jill entered, Jill won

With the first week of school behind us. It is never too early for a little Dallas vacation! I had a great weekend with my friend Jill, courtesy of KISS FM. Yes that is right, Jill entered and won.

But first off I had this sweet care package sitting at my front door Friday morning from my cousin Katie. It was a happy senior year/let's plan a trip to Austin soon to visit William surprise. She is too good to me!
So Jill entered, spontaneously, a contest online with KISS FM earlier this summer. Well the week before last she got a call saying she won! It included a free trip to stay at the Hotel Palomar for two nights in Dallas, airfare to and from, and two tickets to see Patrick Stump (the ex-lead singer of fall out boys) at the House of Blues. So obviously I volunteered myself to go with her for a VIP weekend. What are friends for, right?

Look we matched going to the airport! I knew it was going to be a great weekend from that point. (Please do not judge my appearance though, I was a little tired).
One of the perks about the hotel was their wine tasting from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. in the lobby. The perks of being 21! (I am still getting used to it). We decided to get a tasty strawberry and watermelon sangria. Do not worry we got the receipt too. Friday evening we ate at one of my favorite restaurants, Mi Cocina. In fact, we made a three hour dinner out of it. Hey, we had nothing else to do. So we did what we do best, people watched. We sat in the balcony and all around us were couples who were unmarried. After brooding for a few minutes about not having a boyfriend we began dissecting the relationships based on their body language. If only there was a major for people watching.

Saturday morning we were at the pool by 9:51. We made a day out of it not leaving until 3 p.m. Other than the bees thinking I was a flower because of my colorful swimsuit for a bit, it was fabulous! They had a nice infinity pool and once again we let our eyes do the watching. We also got a lot or reading done. I am telling ya, that pool was our territory by the end of the day.

For dinner the Kemp's took us out to dinner at Neighborhood Services Tavern. It was delicious! Look at those nice burns.

Then it was time for the main attraction. The House of Blues to see Patrick Stump. Hey, hey, hey! Who knows maybe he will be the next biebs but, older version of course?? (Insert emoji winky face). The contest would not be complete without getting to meet the man of the hour of course. Even though we are not really familiar with him, I must say he is a phenomenal musician. He has range in his voice like no other and even came out playing the trumpet.
But before he came on stage there were four performers before him. Rockie Fresh, John West, and Wynter Gordon.They were all great. Wynter Gordon was our favorite though. Look at that FRO! She rocks.

So from a fun weekend in Dallas, we are fried. (Literally).


And so on,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment