Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Life is a Rollercoaster

My, my, my! My life has been so crazy lately that I do not even know where to begin!

My life in a nutshell for this past week includes reuniting with high school friends (unfortunately under crummy circumstances), one of my greatest friends getting engaged, and finally signing a lease on a house for next year. I think that if I can handle all of this and with projects and research papers then I think I am just going to be okay. Life is a roller-coaster, that is for sure.

Late Wednesday night (right in the middle of writing one of my research papers for my public relations research class) I got the news that we had been dreading for quite some time. One of my best/greatest/childhood friend's mother passed away. She had been battling cancer for a few years now and in early December it had gotten worse. It was just her time to go and I can see my dad and Mrs. Morgan right now just smiling and chatting away. They are probably laughing at both me and jasmine, and asking the question, "where has the time gone for them to be seniors in college next year?"

Going home is such a refreshing feeling. Because you see, I have grown up with my friends since at least middle school and Jasmine since first grade. So not only do I know them inside and out but I also know their grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course dogs. I feel like when I go home to Coppell and see all my friends from high school the puzzle pieces just fit.

Despite the unfortunate circumstances why we were all home, it was a great weekend. While we were home we had to of course go to our favorite sushi restaurant, Blue Ocean, where we saw Jake Pevelka with his parents eating.If heaven had a taste, it might taste something like this. My recommendations the Ahi Tuna Tower and the Mt. Fuji roll are a must.

And of course we also had to go to Vaquero, which is similar to a country club. If there is good food, then it is always a good time!

In the meantime while I was home, one of my greatest friends was getting engaged in Norman! Her fiancé (now) texted me Friday morning and told me he was going to propose to her Friday night and wanted all her friends and family to help celebrate at Nonna's in Bricktown, Oklahoma City afterwards. WHAT! You had got to be kidding me! One, hello Aaron you can not text me the day of and two, WHAT! But anyway I could not be more happy for the two of them and her ring, of course is gorgeous!

And the cherry on the cake of my life is we FINALLY signed a lease on a house for next year. After a year of trying to find a house, it falling through, finding another house, it falling through, we found a house that did not fall through. HALLELUJAH! It is going to be me and two of my good friends, Emily and Kinnon, living in a three girl house right smack dab on campus. But it gets better! Our next door neighbors on the right of us is one of my best friends from high school and three of her friends and on the left it is another of our friends from high school, who is two years younger than us and Kinnon's cousin. But wait it gets even better...our house has a hott tub in the back yard and surround sound speakers in and outside of the house. WOOHOO!

So despite all of this madness, do not worry mom, I got my huge research paper and project done!


And so on,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment