Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WSJ - Good Investment for Me!

Hello it is the end of February and I have not written on this thing in SO long. Please accept my apologies because I know you have been dying for my wise written words.

Anyway, I have made it one of my goals or resolutions say you will to be more engaged in the news. Ever since I came back from Washington this past summer I have found myself interested in elections, foreign policy, and this crazy amount of debt we are in. It kind of always secretly annoyed me that all my mom watched as I was a child was Fox News (now her favorite is MSNCB - those stocks) but here I find myself doing the same thing. Call me my Gail!

More than ever (maybe it is just my maturity kicking in) I feel just how important it is to be aware of the world and what is going on. Whatever is going on in Washington is/will be effecting ME! Not only that, but here I am graduating college in May and don't I want to be able to hold a mature conversation with my co-workers? So, I bought a subscription to The Wall Street Journal, that my teacher may or may not have suggested, and away I went. I must say, it is the best investment I have made in myself in a long time.

That was a very round about way to finally get to my point. Tonight I was sitting on my couch, in my conversational area, in my room, in Norman, working on my public relations campaign paper that is due tomorrow, and watching Hannity. On Hannity they conducted a focus group with a group of conservatives and they were discussing the GOP primary race. Well, the first thought that crossed through my head was I want to be on TV and in that focus group. (I know, Elizabeth you will never be an actress)! But based on the questions asked my second thoughts were these:

1. Whoever wins the GOP race I will vote for in the general election, whether it is Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, or Paul.
2. I enjoy the debates. They are healthy competition between the candidates. It is important for the public to see these candidates hash it out and vie for our vote. Presenting their points, defending their answers, and having friendly debates are a critical component to the opinions that the public forms about each candidate.
3. I do however do not like this cattiness that has popped up. I feel these recent jabs at one another are too, not to the point. They need to speak closer to the issues that are so needed to be fixed.

Who do I want to win? Well let's just say I have two candidates that are still vying for my vote.


And so on,
Elizabeth Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment